Deferred Annuities vs. IRAs, and 401(k)s
- Fixed index annuities provide greater flexibility and have fewer restrictions.
- The contributions to the FIA are unlimited.
- You can also roll over 401(k)s and IRAs into index annuities in certain situations.
- Each year, the money you earn compounds tax-free*.
- Contributions that are tax-free* allow you to keep everything you earn.
Tax-Deferral and Early Retirement
How do annuity taxes affect early retirees? If you qualify, you may receive a bonus tax benefit.
- Must be under 59 1/2 years old.
- A 401(k) plan with lump-sum payments.
- You must have received either retirement or a severance package that included a lump sum payment.
If you meet all three requirements, you may qualify. Also, taxes may not apply if you roll over your money into an annuity policy.
Connect with our team
We can help you decide whether a tax-deferred annuity is right for you.